10 Ways to Get Involved
- Become a Board Member.
- Donate in-kind items such as event space, office items, printing services, IT services, etc.
- Spread the word to friends and colleagues, parents, teachers, educators
- Make a donation online or mail a check.
- Spread the word to educators who love poetry and song.
- Write an article about Troubadour for a publication you receive.
- Talk to your local schools about bringing Troubadour programs for teachers and students.
- Like and follow us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Introduce us to someone who would like to become involved with arts education.
We invite you to support our literacy work in Massachusetts schools serving at-risk students.
The stark reality that children in low-income communities lag in academic achievement behind those from more affluent districts is one of today’s greatest socioeconomic challenges. At Troubadour, we believe that all children deserve an education that prepares them to meet the serious challenges facing our communities, state and nation in the 21st century. And we know that building a sound relationship with the English language—the ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate—provides an essential gateway to learning for adults and children. Literacy has the power to transform lives.