We give at-risk kids increased opportunities to create, display and perform poetry, prose and song, helping build critical language skills and empowering them to express their ideas, feelings and concerns with care and eloquence.
Troubadour in the Classroom
… aligns with the Pre-K to 8 Common Core Curriculum to engage students in:
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving
- Literacy Skills
- Social and Cross-Cultural Competencies
Troubadour Teaching Artists model teaching poetry, prose, and song writing for teachers and demonstrate how to integrate literature, writing and music into the academic curriculum.
Our model is unique among MA literacy programs in:
- its use of music, culture, poetry and prose to engage children in learning,
- its dual focus on direct services to students and capacity-building for teachers,
- its ability to be adapted and customized to meet specific school-wide, grade-level and classroom needs,
- its establishment of multi-year partnerships to provide sufficient time for teachers to learn and incorporate our curriculum into their daily practice.